We collaborate with the world’s leading museums and cultural institutions to open up their image libraries and offer them to the public via print-on-demand. This technology allows a customer to apply iconic artwork and imagery to the products they love – from a mug, to an iPhone cover, or a t-shirt – in a way which is affordable, delivered quickly and with the provenance of reputable and world-renowned institutions.
Plinth has partnered exclusively with the biggest providers of on-demand printing in Europe. Each has a different area of expertise (below), and is used to handling huge volumes efficiently whilst maintaining quality and delivering customer satisfaction.
Fine-art printing, custom-bound books, photographic prints, beautifully printed cards and more…
Customised phone cases and laptops sleeves and a wide range of ceramics including mugs, plates and tea-sets.
Fairtrade and organic cotton t-shirts, sweatshirts, tote bags and tea-towels.
1) The customer identifies an image they like from the client's website and is provided with a menu of products upon which that image can be printed on, whether it’s a mug, t-shirt or phone cover.
2) Once the customer has chosen and paid, the details of that purchase are transferred online to the relevant printer.
3) They print the order, package it and ship it to the customer within 48 hours. The printer handles all queries from the customer relating to shipping and delivery of their order.
Plinth identifies images from the client's archive which we believe would be attractive to customers, but which also reflect the ethos and brand values of the client.
Consideration and sensitivity has to be given to how the image is used and appropriate products for it.
The client’s website needs to help customers to easily navigate, identify and purchase what they are interested in.
This needs to be carefully considered from every perspective: ours, yours and the customer’s.
This is absolutely key. We must ensure and validate that any manufactured product meets the ethical and moral standards of the client.
Image colours and rendition must be the same from product one to product 1000. Rigorous testing is essential to ensure that the client and the customer get fantastic reproduction of the image on whatever product they choose.
The client's website will be seamlessly integrated with that of Plinth and the printers so that orders are directed to the appropriate printer along with all the relevant design and image information. Only one simple integration process is required.
The product is coming from the client, the shipping process allows personalisation based on their branding requirements.
Efficient shipping and fulfilment underpinned by great customer service is absolutely key. P&P costs need to be aligned with the clients to avoid customer confusion. Orders will be shipped as fast as same day, and customer emails and phone calls responded to within 24 hours by a dedicated customer service team.
1) Customers love the convenience of shopping online and researching the perfect image, and they're keen to support much-loved institutions.
2) No stock, so no capital employed and zero risk.
3) Shipping, fulfilment and customer services are outsourced: a major drain on resources is removed.
4) Stock is held by the printers, so customer is neither responsible for it, required to distribute it or pay for it - until the consumer has!
5) Supply meets demand, effortlessly.
Don't hesitate to be in touch - we'd love to hear from you.